Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Heavy Hearted

I'm in a weird mood today. Not exactly depressed, but I'm not at peace either. I'm very heavy in the heart. I have a family member that has thus far expressed an intent to carry on in a course of gross, scandalous, soul-destroying, family-ruining sin. As a result, the rest of us are needing to seperate (as much as is possible) from this family member. It's not easy on the kids, who are not going to be able to understand this situation fully for a number of years. I'm not even sure I understand it. Sin has a way of blinding us, convincing us that God's Law applies to everyone else but me. It can't apply to me. God wants me to be happy, and so He will wink at my sin. Is that so? No, it is not so. It is blindness and foolishness to think that way. May God have mercy on my family that has been so afflicted over the past few years (nay, for generations -- adultery and drunkenness are plagues on my house and my name). Remember us, those of you who pray to the Most High. I am not crushed, however. God is upholding me. Praise be to Him.

(And no, I'm not talking about my wife)

No comments: